Friday, December 5, 2008

You bet Harper was ready for this!

I got a phone call this afternoon. The caller id showed 613-667-9996. I answered anyway.

The caller asked for me by name.

"Speaking," I responded.

It was the Conservative Party of Canada calling. They wanted to ask me a few questions. Was I in favour of coalition governments?

"Depends on who is in it," I said.

"The Liberals, the NDP, and the Bloc Quebecois," the female voice specified.

"That's not happening," I said.

She seemed confused.

I clarified. "This country won't have true democracy until we get rid of the first-past-the-post system and have proportional representation."

She guessed that I didn't support Mr. Harper.

"Thank you for your time," she said, and ended the call.

I guess she didn't really want my opinions after all.

How long does it take to set up a nationwide phone-out? How much does it cost? Was the Harper gang prepared for this situation? Phone banks set up and connected? Scripts written? Staff in place?

Do you still believe this whole thing wasn't fully planned by Steven Harper?

No comments: